Thursday, September 19, 2013

My projects. . .

Ok, so anyone that knows me well knows I love girly things, the color pink, and things that sparkle. haha. Sooooo..... now that I know it's a girl I have been going a little bit crazy (thank you Pinterest) with all of my projects! While I am not even close to being done, I am still excited with all that I have completed :) Poor Carter is having to share a room with the baby and what was once all blue and green, is now half pink and purple. Thankfully he is too young to care :) 

Yup, I know I'm only 19 weeks along, Brandin keeps telling me I am out of control! :) 

When I was prego with Carter and we didn't know if it was a girl or boy Hobby Lobby was having a huge sale on their fabric. We ended up buying a blue puppy one (which Carter has been attached to since birth) and a pink butterfly one. After it sitting in storage for 4 years it finally was able to come out and get put together! Since the blanket is butterflies, I decided that would kinda be the theme for her decor. 

So while we were in Disneyland Brandin wanted to have this child's name done in princesses since Carter has his name done in sea creatures from Sea World. The only problem is that we didn't know if it was a girl or boy. Brandin said he knew it was a girl and had me go ahead and get it done. Thankfully he was right! Although now we kinda regret not doing the full name, Makenna, instead of just Kenna. Oh well, I'm not going back to Disneyland anytime soon. ha ha. I think they did a great job though. From left to right we have Mulan, Rapunzel, Tinkerbell, Jasmine, and Ariel. 


I found 4 different colors of cardstock that matched with the frame we had chosen, and went to town creating a pattern and cutting out about 75 butterflies to put on the wall. And the purple are all sparkly! 

I also went to Joanns and browsed through their sale fabric until I found what I wanted to make some pillows to go with the bedding. A couple hours and 1 Pinterest search on how to make felt flowers and voila! Here's my finished project. 

And the cute accent pillow to go with it :) 

Confession, it took about a year for me to get prego once we started trying, and they way I dealt with not getting prego every month was to go and buy an article of girl clothing. I know, sounds crazy, but hey, it made me feel better. So now I have a collection of summer clothes for my winter baby! ha ha

And the awkward "I just look fat not prego" pict. lol

So totally unrelated, but here in the mountains it is already getting cold. I found this and it is going to be my best friend for all the cold nights. 

And yes, I know it is only Sept, but I just can't keep the Halloween stuff boxed up anymore. It is starting to creep out. ha ha. 

4 comments:

  1. I love the butterfly wall. You have a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! And love the name. You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do not look fat; you look perfectly, adorably, pregnant! Great job on the decorations, you have a gift. I am super jealous of her name in the Disney Princesses... I might have to go to Disneyland. :) - Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all makes me miss you so much!!! First off love her name. It is perfect! I also love that you're havig a baby girl and Judith is have a boy. Fate is about to get one set of your kids together :) and you are the most talented crafty girl I know, I love everything you've done with the room! And mostly I love the McQueen poster next to her Girly crib :) and you look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete