Sunday, October 27, 2013

My Halloween Party

As is now tradition I threw a Halloween Party. Typically I invite 20 families and about 1/2-3/4 show up. Since I am fat and tired this year we decided to go a little more low key and we only invited 10 families, figuring only half would show up. Not only did 9 out of 10 show up, but we had invited a few extras when we ran into them, and they came, and Brandin's sis and fam and bro and fam decided to surprise us and drove over from Colorado to come to the party! It was a ton of fun, I just feel bad because I didn't have even CLOSE to enough chairs. lol. Oh well. Everyone was really good about bringing food to share and we had a grand ol time. :) Brandin's siblings stayed the night, and hung out with us for most of the day Sat, which was great because Brandin hasn't been able to see them in almost a year, it was good to catch up and meet baby McKinlie. 

This year we decided to be Where's Waldo (Carter) Where's Wanda (me) and Odlaw (Brandin)


Carter showing off his costume. 



I made pudding cups for the kiddos, and gave them faces.... 



My cheese ball monster :) I think he turned out adorable (as adorable as cheese balls can be. lol)



The usual worms in mud (choco cake)


Veggie platter


My 7-layer dip I forgot to uncover until after people started showing up. Oops!


Ben the Lion and Carter (Where's Waldo)


The table of treats


Laura brought cute sugar cookie pumpkins 


Ash tray fruit dip


Arlen brought orange "pumpkins"


Everyone hanging out chatting



Christina and James, He was a dragon and she was his keeper. 


James's awesome tail, his mom made this costume for him! How cool is she?. 


Brandin's bro Daniel, Krystal, and baby McKinlie. Woody, Bo Peep, and her sheep :) 


The Christianson's as bananas and Emma as a monkey


The Lavayens, Ale as Rapunzel, Noah as an Elephant, Ellen as a Witch, and Manual as himself? :) 


The Becketts, a grease monkey and a Ninja


Arlen and Doris, as the Incredibles


Bonnie and Addie as Tinkerbell, and Helen and her little strawberry


I had my black lights on my ghosts and it made them glow so good! I was quite happy with the way they turned out. 


Brandin's Sis Mandi and her hubby Cory, Mayhem and Flow.  

Laura and Tyler as Cowboys

My and Laura

The guys getting ready for the game. . 


and the girls....


We copied a japanese game show that we found quite hilarious. . here is the link on youtube if you care to check out the awesomeness :)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rean7WVBM0

Me ....

Lauren.....

Ellen....


Laura.....

Christy....

Justin....


Aaron...

Tyler...

James....


Daniel....

And Brandin





1 comment:

  1. You guys are so fun and carter is adorable in his costume!

    ReplyDelete