This year neither of our families were doing anything for Thanksgiving, so we decided to stay home and enjoy our very first Thanksgiving as just our little family. It's crazy that this is our 7th Thanksgiving together, and the first time we will actually have to cook. ha ha. Our friends the Greens were also staying home with nothing going on, so we decided to split up the food prep and eat it all together! half the work, twice the food! We relaxed all day, and lets face it, Brandin made most of the food. All that I tackled was a veggie tray and Jello, things my cooking skills could handle. ha ha. Brandin was so sweet and even made a pecan pie just for me! I am one loved girl :) I had fun setting the table up and we even opened up the extra leaf to fit us and the kiddos. I had a hard time placing anything in the middle of the table, and Brandin had to do most of it because my belly is way too huge these days. Afterwards we relaxed in food comas and watched a replay of the Maceys parade. Then it was dessert time! Brandin made a chocolate pie and pecan pie, and Laura made pumpkin and apple pie. We then put ourselves into our second food coma of the day, and watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and cloudy with a chance of meatballs. Then Laura and Tyler decided to go home and go to bed, and we decided to go to Target for their "black Friday" on a Thurs shopping. It was a ton of fun to go and people watch, and the parking lot was completely full and we had to park in another parking lot and walk over because it was so crazy. Sadly, since it was Target instead of Wal-mart there were a lot less trashy people and we didn't see any drama, which is kinda why we went in the first place. But I was impressed with how kind people were and how there wasn't any pushing or anything like that. We stood in line for about 45 min, and walked away completely done shopping for Carter for Christmas. Yeah!!! Now on to the harder part. . . what to get Brandin? That boy is impossible to shop for. Any ideas?
My Veggie Turkey :)
The homemade pumpkin pie Brandin made for me.
Setting the table up. . .
I thought it would be fun to have martinellis with dinner, so we bought a couple different flavors and I found champagne glasses 6f or a dollar at the dollar store. Score! I thought it was fun. :)
The place setting, and happily most of it is plastic, so all I really had to was were utensils afterwards! Happy day.
Getting the food out
The table being overran with food. . for 4 adults and 2 kids. Needless to say there are lots of leftovers :)
The aftermath. What is funny is everything is a mess, and the veggie Turkey only had 2 carrots taken out of it. ha ha. Guess I am all ready to go for Carter snacks this next week :)
Sadly I didn't take any picts of the Greens while they were over, but I promise they really were there!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment