So towards the end of my pregnancy I was more than ready to be done. .. and did I mention I had gained 40 lbs? My back hurt and I just wanted to sleep on my tummy again. I tried walking Carter out but nothing seemed to work, so I took drastic measures. I drank Castor oil. 30 min later it made me puke, but that did the trick because it put me into labor. I didn't say anything at first because I wasn't sure. Brandin went to bed and I tried laying down, but by 2:30 AM I was hurting so bad that I didn't care if this was labor or not, they were going to give me something at the hospital to get rid of the pain. So I woke up and we drove the 2 miles to the hospital. I was admitted and already dilatedto a 4. They asked me if I wanted anything for the pain and I told them YES! About an hour later I got my epidural and life was wonderful after that. I watched TV and sucked on ice chips and I'm pretty sure at one point I fell asleep. My Dr came in around 2:30 that afternoon and told me I was ready. I pushed 3 times and out came Carter. All 9 pounds of him! I was very fortunate to not have torn or anything, so a couple days later I was back in jeans. We were at the hospital for 2 days to recoup and then we went home. Brandins parents stayed with us for the first week and then my mother flew down the second week and took care of me while Brandin went back to work. The night before my mom was to fly in I wanted my house to be all clean so I pushed myself a little too hard and went to bed in pain and exhaustion. I woke up in the morning to take a shower and there was way to much blood. While I was standing in the shower I started hemorrhaging and gave birth to 2 blood clots a little bigger than my hands. I was able to get a hold of my Dr and get the hemorrhaging to stop, but I had lost so much blood I wasn't able to stand up for a couple days. Lesson learned. . . it is ok to have a dirty house and be lazy sometimes! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment